Weather Garden: Wireless connection

As for Weather Garden, one of the innovative points is wireless connection, which can make participants obtain weather information from several hundred kilometers away. At first, I thought I could achieve it by connecting Arduino and the Wi-Fi Module directly. While after the 1st tutorial with John, I learned that the firewall of campus is very strong and the Wi-Fi module cannot login to the University Wi-Fi, so I need to find a way figure out the firewall problem or change weather garden as wired connection. Over the next few days, I found a web called “ThingSpeak” could help me solve the wireless issue.

8

ThingSpeak is an open source Internet of Things application and API to store and retrieve data from things using the HTTP protocol over the Internet or via a Local Area Network. ThingSpeak enables the creation of sensor logging applications, location tracking applications, and a social network of things with status updates. Under this circumstance, Weather Garden can import and export data from ThingSpeak private channel. Specifically, by connecting family Wi-Fi(no user name and just need password) , Weather Garden’s videos can work normally in campus due to it obtain data from web rather than Wi-Fi itself.

9                                  11

YouTube Preview Image