Documentation

Uncategorized

One of our projects – puppet animation which contained some elements that I’m not familiar with but interested in, say lights and shadows. Since I’m really into photograph as well, so I’d like to learn more about how to use those two elements in the photo properly and integrate them into further projects.

shadows_20161207002857

At first, it was pretty hard to find the place to set the mini characters. We find a transparent plastic surface but it didn’t works. Then we thought we can use the overhead projection in the studio to let the shadow show up and glue sticks on the puppets to hold them. Then we turned on the overhead projection and changed the angle of the light to make the character’s shadow as clear as possible. I realized we can change the distance between the light and puppet to change the clarity and size of the character. When moving the light, the shadow always move to the opposite direction of the light.

However, personally, I think the biggest drawback of this project is leak of interaction with the audience. I guess that’s a pretty important thing in terms of artworks, so I will try to add it into next project.

I think the audience of this project will be artists or people who fancy arts.