this was intended to be a processing sketch, where mouse position determined which still image was displayed.
i ran into problems with memory in processing… this is probably due to the fact that my images were MASSIVE! (5616×3744) and there was 90 of them. anywhoo, i wrote a simple sketch, that took ages (if anyone has any tips on how to write repetitive code eg…
repeat a bazillion times… i’d love to know a better way to write this stuff!)
to make myself feel better after my disaster sketch attempt i thought i’d throw all the stills together to make a wee film showing the attempted effect. so i whacked it together, each still lasts 0.48 sec (why not) and i found an sound file i had kicking around. the result is not very good. it is too jerky and i dont like the framed angle swelling as the lens shifts focus. but at least i’ve learned somethings.
maybe it would be simpler and more effective to load a video file into processing… but i’m sure there was a reason why that wouldn’t work.
i shall report back with more findings.